Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Saints- we need prayers!

Dear Saints,
        We need prayers for this afternoon's predicted century temperatures as we minister outside the deathcamp in Granite City. This has been the hottest July on record, and we have taken notice being there everyday.
        This past Saturday, it was sweltering at 9:00 a.m. with the temperatures and humidity. Church Without Walls joined us on the sidewalks surrounding the mill which helped us get through the adverse weather, but our daughter succumbed to the heat and fainted on the sidewalk. After assessing her, it was determined she suffered heat exhaustion. Some young men helped us get her inside the ultrasound van. We forced fluids and the air-conditioning helped revive her.
        However, this is dangerous weather if you have to be out in it. So please, shoot up a few prayers for our ministry as we stand in the gap for those without a voice. It's afternoon abortions that go into midnight. "I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10
       On a lighter note, I have to remind myself that rich people pay hundreds of dollars to sit in little cubicles to sweat. We get to do it for FREE! Ha!
       Be encouraged ~Angela