Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday the 13th "Over 3,000.00 dollars walked away from this slaughterhouse"

      If you believe in superstitions and the occult I think this is considered a “high day” where bad things happen? Black cats and all that junk…But this was an EXTREMELY good day! By quittin’ time (or day’s end) over $3000.00 walked away from this deathtrap. Praise God!! Our ministry with the help of our Lord took over $3000.00 from the devil’s wallet. Yeah, we’re going to take some hits on this one, but it’s all good!
     Much later in the morning as we were packing up, we witnessed a car pull onto the lot looking for a parking spot. We met them at the edge of the lot and began speaking to them. The passenger accepted our literature. We pointed to a parking space available, but continued offering to help them with another option. I could tell they were uncertain on the scheduled abortion. They went ahead, parked, and got out. We continued speaking on the Lord’s stimulus package and how He works through our ministry. They agreed to come inside for a free ultrasound and BAM! God really began speaking.
   We went over preliminaries and quickly scanned. To their surprise, we viewed an approx 20.5 week old baby girl. Tears welled in her eyes. The father’s heart turned to his daughter auditioning on the screen. “Is that my baby?” he asked. “Yes.” They both began asking me to describe various body parts and functionings. “Look, there’s a foot!” She smiled. We inquired why they felt aborting this baby was the answer, and they proceeded to share their plight: jobless, struggling with one child already…She then turned to the father and said, “It’s not all up to me.” “How about it daddy? What are we going to do?” I asked. He rubbed the back of his neck. “Listen, that baby is over halfway here; all she needs is a little more time. What can we do to help you keep the baby?” He offered, “I want to get into the Air Force. Can she join me?” After smiling up at the heavens and thanking God for wisdom, I offered to put them in touch with military personnel we personally know that could better assure and inform them of the opportunities and benefits in the military. We went over physician follow-up and resources. He then turned to  me and asked, “Why do you want to help us?” “Because God told me to. He gave me my marching orders over 18 years ago to be our brother’s keeper and defend the defenseless. This is my passion, this is my joy: to serve others.”
      It took 55 minutes to save that baby! But God was watching our backs and provided. Alleluia!