Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Baby Saved


Small Victories Knows No Boundaries
February 8, 2012

“Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58

We received the following letter this week from a dear friend and ministry leader. It falls on the heels of the Super Bowl baby that was saved due to our Super Bowl ads.


Whenever we receive confirmation that babies are being saved as a result of our efforts, we know that our work is not in vain. On the contrary, it empowers us to go out and save more, to do more. Our crusade to end child killing reaches across state lines as we battle not only for the precious lives of babies, but for the very soul and survival of our nation. ~Angela

All names have been changed for confidentiality

“Hi Daniel and Angela,

I just received this facebook message from a student who attended a youth conference last year in Dallas. I am so happy to share it with y'all!

Connie,

I coincidently attended the last youth conference ya'll did in Dallas this past November. I say "coincidently" because I did not plan on attending, and although I have been at previous conventions, I was out of church for a portion of about 2 months, in which this conference happened to fall. I was driving by the church on what I think was a Friday night and saw the parking lot was full. I pulled in, wondering what was going on, and stumbled in a little late. When I heard it was you and your husband speaking, I paid the entrance fee and participated in the rest of the convention.

During a small segment, you spoke on abortion in effort to take up an offering for a woman in another city that camped outside an abortion clinic as a last effort to prevent pregnant mothers from killing their babies. Being raised in an Assemblies of God church, I have always been against abortion completely, but did not connect on a personal level, although I did enjoy the information that you presented.

I became aware in January that I was pregnant and, to say the least, I was terrified. When I notified the baby's father that I was pregnant he was silent for two days, and then confronted me with a "case" of "how much easier it would be" if this "hadn't happened." I continued to ask him what he meant, and he asked if I had thought about "getting rid of it." I contemplated on the pros and cons he had presented to me and..to my surprise.. I weighed it out in my mind. I am ashamed to say I even CONSIDERED abortion for ONE moment.

I believe God was giving me wisdom in the situation, although I'm not sure I would have chosen to abort my baby even if I thought it was what was "easiest". But I wanted you to know that one of the first things that came to mind in this time of thought was the slideshow that was shown at the youth conference portraying several babies that would have otherwise been aborted.

I just wanted to thank you, and the woman in the presentation for standing up for something that is so relevant in today's society, although people may think it is not such a big issue. I think some Christians assume that because of their beliefs they would automatically make the right decision in such a circumstance, although they would "probably never" be faced with that circumstance in the first place. However, I have learned from this situation that even "Christians" cannot be sure about what they "would or would not" choose until the situation itself is presented to them.

I took a stand to keep my baby and I am progressing in a healthy pregnancy, thus far. Of course, the decision I made effected the father's "point of view", and as of today he has chosen not to be in the baby's life. However, I am so grateful that I did not choose to do something I would regret for the rest of my life. I believe a baby is a blessing, even out of wedlock, and I know God would not give me anything I couldn't handle, so I look forward to the life I have ahead in raising a heaven sent child, (with the help of God.)

I am sending thanks to you and the woman that was spoken about on that day. (My apologies for not remembering her name.)

Thank you both for playing a part in saving my baby's life.

In Christ,
Kristen Richards”