Thursday, December 1, 2011

"WE'RE GOING TO SAVE A BABY ON A PARKING LOT "..

November 30th   

      We received her distress phone call last night and promised to meet with the girl the following evening.  After her shift, she would meet us on a parking lot and talk.  We had a commitment  before our appointment.  We were invited to a church sponsored concert, the guest musician and singer was a devout Christian, Mitch McVicker.  He was formerly with Rich Mullins before his untimely death.  He was performing in Highland this evening, what a blessing.  A one man show. He loves the Lord and was so talented.  His songs of worship and praise just encouraged us for the task at hand. We were about to save a baby.     We had to sneak out before Mitch was done, but, we expressed our gratitude to his entourage and his Dad.  We exchanged contact information and purchased a CD.  His Dad heard we were running for office and we acknowledged and he wished he could vote for me, but,  I said, "You can do something even better, I need your prayers, we have to leave early as we are meeting a young pregnant girl, we're going to save her baby, we need prayers." "Yes ma'am", he answered "God bless you both",  he said as we left.  
     
       Fast forward:  on a dark lit parking lot we quickly set up our ultrasound van.  Brr.  It was cold. The generator kicked on PTL!  We were off..a few minutes later she parked her car and came inside our van.  Oh my!  I remembered this girl..from behind her back, a little girl appeared rather shy.  "Chanel"  then reintroduced me to this little one. "You saved her seven years ago.. My mother was making me go to the abortion clinic, but, you met with us and you calmed my entire family down and helped us so much,..  When this happened, you were the first person I thought of as you helped me so much last time". I asked her, "What does your mother think of your daughter now?"  She replied, "She is her world!"  I responded, "I'm glad things worked out for you."  
       
     I asked her daughter if she would like to help me with the scan. Up and down she nodded. We gloved up and quickly scanned, and there on the screen an approx 6 week old baby appeared,. "Chanel" started gently weeping, while her daughter watched in glee. "Look mommy there it is". She shared her plight and we went over a strategy, especially since her mother was pushing for an abortion last time. "It's seven years later, you are standing on your own two feet, and these are the resources we can help you with."  We advised her for a physician follow-up and answered her immediant needs.  She was feeling better about her situation.  We viewed the baby swimming in an ocean of fluid.  "It's so active ", she said. "Your baby is auditoning for it's life," we said.  She then sat up and gave me the tightest hug. "Thank you so much. I'm so grateful there are great people like you that help people like me at all hours and unconditonally", she said. "Wow, that means alot to us, as the thanks are few and far inbetween." "No, I really mean it", she said"You guys are so busy with your kids and stuff  and you come out on a cold night to help me.  Thank you just doesn't seem enough", Chanel said. I replied,  "No, you blessed us tonight, saving your baby is our reward."  

    We handed her some more mom-to-be literature and a treat for her little girl who was enjoying the whole experience.  The little girl turned to me, hugged me and said, "Thank you for saving me." WOW! We watched them get into their car and drive away. Daniel helped me tear down and place the signs back into the van on this chilling , cold night. "You see Daniel, that's what is all about. You have to love and help pregnant girls unconditonally, at all hours , even in the dark of night. Jesus went out to the lost and needy. He knows that where there is love, life will grow." ..                "Thank you Lord for guiding our feet and living through us and blessing us with the fruits of our labor's."


~Angela