Saturday, March 12, 2011

"I Didn't Do It!"...and she ran into the arms of Jesus ...


Saturday, March 12th- My back was turned from her, but I heard a commotion and looked to see her literally running into the arms of the Bound for Life youth group crying and telling them, “Thank you for being here. I didn’t do it!”  I walked over to her and said, “You saved your baby. Praise God!”  “There you are,” she responded and came into my arms.
            Only hours earlier, she pulled onto the parking lot. When I asked them if I could show them a beautiful picture of their baby or help them with adoption, she greeted me with the middle finger. We then disheartenedly noticed the Christian fish pin on their car as they parked. She continued to hiss and spit at us as she stood in line to sign in to kill her baby. “That is a covenant baby you are taking in there.” We didn't give up; we kept praying and working the sidewalks.
            The BFL group’s numbers swelled as we gave an update on another baby that was just saved throughout the busy morning vigil. They smiled and looked more encouraged as they placed the red tape across their mouth. An hour later, Casey came back out with her friend and smoked a cigarette. She kept looking over at me, and I offered to show them a free picture and help them through this emotional time. She asked me, “What is that across their mouths? What are they doing?” I answered, “They are praying for your baby and all the mothers inside this abortion mill.” She flipped her cigarette at me and returned inside.
            Only another hour later would this angry young lady come rushing out into the loving arms of those that represent Jesus. Casey tearfully and angrily told us that her father was forcing her; her mother told Casey that she would not help her raise another baby as she already had a 3 year old at home. “My dad is the biggest hypocrite. He’s a Christian, and he’s forcing me to kill my baby.”  “Where is he now?” I asked her. “He’s inside the abortion clinic getting counseling,” she replied. “Really? Well that is why we are here.”
            I then asked the youth group to lay hands on her and, “Let’s lift her and this situation up in prayer.” We prayed: “Father, You know the situation. We bring our needs and our problems before You. We ask for Your guidance and special blessing upon this mother and her baby. Place a hedge of protection around her and help us to make a way for her to bring this unborn baby into the world. Keep her always focused on You, Lord, and to know Your ways. Thank You for letting her hear our words, come back out, into our arms, and for saving this baby today. In Jesus’ name we pray.”
            Casey then let us know that her father would be putting her and her daughter out on the streets for not going through with the abortion. We told her of our resources and how we could help her to find shelter and get back on her feet. We exchanged contact information, and she hugged us again and thanked the group for being there. Her father came out and Casey and her friend walked over to him, following him to their car. We bowed our heads again and gave God all the glory.
            We then noticed another woman sitting on the stoop and crying. We went over to her and offered prayers and assistance. She accepted the loving arms of one of the BFL leaders and began tearfully sharing her story. We backed off and let the girl share one-on-one as we prayed for the situation.
            Throughout the fourth day of our 40 Days for Life vigil, four precious babies scheduled to die this day were confirmed saves. ALLELUIA! Just try and tell me prayerful bodies don't save lives : )  Yes They Do!

            Be encouraged ~Angela