Monday, December 13, 2010

"Blessings come in small packages"

       She turned the corner, and from a distance  we could see a small child in her arms. "I saw the van; I knew you'd be there." As she approached us, I remembered this face. "Oh my gosh, it's Brittney!" I exclaimed. I looked at the baby she was holding and asked, "Is this the baby girl?" "Yes, her name is Cassie." I asked if I could hold her. "Yes Ma'am," Brittney said, and I smiled as she looked into my eyes welling up with tears of joy. Brittney's were as well. "My goodness, you're so beautiful and such a big girl." She closed her eyes and rested against my chest, and I told Brittney, "She's so precious. And to think where she almost ended up. God is good."
       I then explained to our photographer that when we first met this little angel, she was approx 18 weeks pregnant and inside Hope Clinic preparing for the two day abortion. Brittney's mom came out, and Daniel convinced her to go back inside and bring this pregnant daughter out to us so we could save the baby. He offered to reimburse them the cost of the ultrasound fee the abortion mill had already charged them. A few minutes later, the mother and daughter came back out and into our van where we were able to view little Cassie where she was auditioning for her life. We convinced them not to kill her and took action. Daniel set up her physician appointment and took them to our staff obstetrician to reassure them the baby was okay from the prepping of her scheduled  abortion. We continued to support her and made sure she got to her doctor appointments and had clothing and much needed baby supplies.
       This past 40 Days for Life campaign, her mother even came back and spoke on behalf of how effective being outside the abortion mill with help and the right people was in her life. Her granddaughter was saved in the ultrasound van and about to make her arrival. "She is a blessing Brittney. Do you ever regret keeping her?" She replied, "No ma'am! She is my life. I can't imagine the world without my little Cassie. I can't thank you and Daniel enough for all your love and help. You got us through a difficult time in my life. I will always tell her how you saved her." With that I hugged her. "Please keep in touch if there's anything we can do to help." One more long hug and we handed her back to her mommy and they walked to their car.
       Thank you Jesus! Every time we are blessed to see the fruits of our labors, we know we are doing the right thing in being that voice for those without one. "How blessed is he who cares for the helpless." Psalms 41:1