Friday, April 15, 2011

"A Baby Was Saved Tonight...."

       Thursday, April 14th- A distress call came in the evening around 7:05 p.m. just as our family was beginning to wind down from the day's activities. I could hear the desperation in this friend's voice; she was begging me to meet with a friend of hers who just found out she was pregnant and didn't know what she was going to do. Her parents did not know and feared telling them.
        We met this young lady and her friend on a restaurant parking lot. They came inside the van and went over preliminary questions. We then scanned; to her shock she was approx 30 weeks pregnant with what appeared to be a baby boy. Tears immediately began. "What am I going to do?" she cried. I said, "It's okay. We can get through anything with God in control." She then explained her situation. After listening I replied she had more going for her than most girls we meet outside the abortion mill in Granite City. She has her education; she has a job. She still wasn't convinced. I then told her how dangerous it would be to abort this late term baby at this stage of her pregnancy. "What is the biggest thing you're looking at?" I asked her. "Telling my parents," she said." It's okay, we can help you do that..would you like me to go with you?" "Would you ? "she replied "Absolutely!"We snapped a picture of her baby waving his little hand at the ultrasound screen, to help us in introducing him to her parents. We then went over a strategy and list of our resources we can help her with. The first setting up her initial prenatal visit with a physician and getting her a medical card and pregnancy confirmation. By 9:45 p.m., this baby was saved and a stay of execution was warranted. Her parents took the news very hard, they were angry at first, her mother was a little softer by the end of our home visit, but they agreed to help her bring this baby into the world.The father of the baby was also still in the picture, but the parents didn't really care for him. "It doesn't matter who the baby's parents are it's not this little one's fault. We have to do the right thing.Your daughter needs your support and love right now. Our ministry can supply the other stuff". Thank you Jesus! We gave hugs of encouragement , The young girl was very thankful and both she and her parents were impressed with our calling and mobile pregnancy unit ministry.Her friend commented, "See, I told you this lady would help you, she helped me tremendously , she saved my life and my baby's life."  Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.  Psalm 127:3
   With God as the fuel from which it gains warmth, protection, and inspiration, family is where we first find love, accepetance and security.
  I still love my .. job! Thank you Lord for always encouraging me to say, "yes..go yea."
    ~Angela