Thursday, September 2, 2010

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..."

THURSDAY, September 2, 2010-- Dr. Seuss wrote that. I think of this ditty as I'm changing the water in our youngest daughter's pet fish, Ruby & Nemo, bowls. Unfortunately, in our family  I'm the zoo-keeper. Dr. Seuss is also credited for the saying: "A person is a person no matter how small."
      We just returned from the abortion mill where earlier this morning we rejoiced with two precious saves including Monica and her friend. I befriended the driver as he went to his car and we had a nice conversation. Eventually he thanked me, even letting me hug him. I am so proud of our military and their service and sacrifice for our country. I was hoping he would go inside and protect and rescue that baby. And look at what God did...all three came out! A pastor from a Granite City Church of God joined hands with us and led in a fervent prayer for this situation. 
     "I didn't do it, but I don't know how I'm gonna do it," the pregnant woman said. She showed me the ultrasound picture the abortion mill gave her, again only the crown of the baby' s head. "The abortion mill won't show you your baby's turned up nose, cute thigh, or kicking feet. You see if they show you that, you might fall in love with your little one. Would you like to see your baby?" "Yes," she replied. All three came inside our ultrasound van. To their delight, they viewed an approx 17.5 week old baby, presumably a boy, auditioning for his life.
     "You're right, Monica. You can't do it by yourself, but with God you can do all things." She broke down; she was trying to put up a tough front and be a good soldier. "We already have one soldier sitting beside us; what is it you need?" "I have seven already," she cried. I asked her, "What are you trying to do, catch up with the Michaels? We have twelve." "You do?" she asked. "Yes ma'am," I responded. She smiled.
     We listened to the strong heartbeats, 140 per minute. I listened to her plight, went over resources we could help with, and shared our youngest daughter's testimony. "You never know what God is going to deal you, but you play your best hand. This is your eighth child. You never know what this child will grow up to be." Tears streamed down her cheek. "I know," she said. I added, "But if this baby does not get a chance, we will never know. It's like baseball...everyone deserves a chance at bat."
     We gathered on the sidewalk where we hugged and they thanked us again for being there and our help. They would keep in touch. The soldier shook my hand. "Thank you for being a hero." He smiled and we watched them drive off.  Psalms 145:4 "One generation shall laud Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts."